Purpose & Management
The Yorkshire Theological Education Partnership is composed of St Hild College, the Schools of Ministry in each of the three Yorkshire Dioceses and the Church Army.
These partners have a strong tradition of offering courses for those seeking to exercise ministry within the Church, both lay and ordained.
September 2014 saw the introduction of Common Awards programmes, validated by Durham University and offered by most theological education institutions (TEIs) across the country. It was agreed that all the Yorkshire Diocesan Schools of Ministry, the Church Army, the predecessors of St Hild College [the Yorkshire Ministry Course (YMC) and St Barnabas Theological Centre (SBTC)], would form a new partnership and work together collaboratively to offer the new awards. YMC and SBTC began offering the Common Awards in September 2014 and the other partners started in September 2015.
The following ten awards are available:
- Foundation Award in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Certificate of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Certificate of Higher Education in Christian Ministry and Mission
- Diploma of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- BA (Hons) in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Graduate Certificate in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Graduate Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Postgraduate Certificate in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Postgraduate Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- MA in Theology, Ministry and Mission
Most are offered on a part-time basis at local Centres across Yorkshire.
For further information about YTEP or the courses available please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YTEP's Charitable Objects
- To advance education for the public benefit in ministerial education for both ordained and lay members of the Christian churches; and
- The advancement of theological ministerial education and training for those with a personal interest.
Members and Trustees
YTEP's member bodies are:
- The Diocesan Board of Finance of Leeds
- The Diocesan Board of Finance of Sheffield
- The Diocesan Board of Finance of York
- St Hild College
- The Church Army
YTEP's current trustees are:
- Rt Revd Tony Robinson, Bishop of Wakefield, Leeds Diocese (Chair)
- Canon Dr John Lawson, Canon Librarian, Wakefield Cathedral, Leeds Diocese
- Revd Dr Gavin Wakefield, Director of Ministry, Mission and Training, York Diocese
- Revd Jane Truman, Training Manager, Church Army
- Dr Christine Gore, Director of Formation for Ministry, Sheffield Diocese
- Revd Mark Powley, Principal, St Hild College
The Report of the Trustees and Financial Statements for the period ended 31 August 2017 can be found here.